We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
This season Down Under, Rapha Australia is providing select events with bespoke race numbers. Being Rapha dossards they aren’t your average kind of race number, using a distinctive palette and printing riders names as well as the number. They aren't your average piece of Tyvek, either. Hopefully the more races you enter, the more Rapha numbers you collect. The images show the dossards' first outing at last weekend's Tour of Bright.
A poignant memento for road riders, the act of pinning race numbers to a jersey has been in place since circa 1893. We know the importance of pre-race rituals and, like the contemplative application of embro or the wrapping of fresh bar tape, pinning the number to a jersey is a major part of the preparation for battle. On race day everyone knows, as they stare at those digits, it’s all in the number.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb