Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
This season Down Under, Rapha Australia is providing select events with bespoke race numbers. Being Rapha dossards they aren’t your average kind of race number, using a distinctive palette and printing riders names as well as the number. They aren't your average piece of Tyvek, either. Hopefully the more races you enter, the more Rapha numbers you collect. The images show the dossards' first outing at last weekend's Tour of Bright.
A poignant memento for road riders, the act of pinning race numbers to a jersey has been in place since circa 1893. We know the importance of pre-race rituals and, like the contemplative application of embro or the wrapping of fresh bar tape, pinning the number to a jersey is a major part of the preparation for battle. On race day everyone knows, as they stare at those digits, it’s all in the number.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS