We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
This season Down Under, Rapha Australia is providing select events with bespoke race numbers. Being Rapha dossards they aren’t your average kind of race number, using a distinctive palette and printing riders names as well as the number. They aren't your average piece of Tyvek, either. Hopefully the more races you enter, the more Rapha numbers you collect. The images show the dossards' first outing at last weekend's Tour of Bright.
A poignant memento for road riders, the act of pinning race numbers to a jersey has been in place since circa 1893. We know the importance of pre-race rituals and, like the contemplative application of embro or the wrapping of fresh bar tape, pinning the number to a jersey is a major part of the preparation for battle. On race day everyone knows, as they stare at those digits, it’s all in the number.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX