[ locale string ]
Rapha Continental: Cold Knob
It is kind of fun for me to look back through these photos as they go up each week. Taking me back, if even just for a minute or two to that crazy trip that we did this summer.
I also realized as I went back through my Embrocation archives of this trip that I didn't write anything down about this ride. Which is odd, considering the fact that there were many things that happened:
Dan got three flats in a manner of minutes resulting in his attempt at throwing his bike off a cliff. About one minute later we watched in horror as an 18 wheeled logging truck locked all 18 wheels and slid through the same corner narrowly missing us, but not missing a beat, and rolling on. Minutes later a black bear crossed the road in front of us at a speed I've never witnessed an animal traveling. And Steve Francisco laughed from the drivers seat as week pummeled ourselves into the dirt roads we traversed. But we carried on. And then we made him do our shopping. And that was only in the last hour.
I hadn't realized just how much I had forgotten about this ride. How many of the little moments had just been glossed over in my mind. But the reason for this, I think, is that the climb on this route, Cold Knob, was something that I will never forget.
Michael tried to warn us the night before, but quite possibly we were too sleep deprived to listen.
In any case, if you're looking for a little pain in your life. If you are looking to verify your existence as a cyclist, as a human, and you happen to be in West Virginia anytime soon. Check out this ride. And while you are at it read through Michael's write up. It is a beautiful account of our trip there, interweaving a thread of local history through the story that we lived together. Well done.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.