Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Rapha Continental: Cold Knob
It is kind of fun for me to look back through these photos as they go up each week. Taking me back, if even just for a minute or two to that crazy trip that we did this summer.
I also realized as I went back through my Embrocation archives of this trip that I didn't write anything down about this ride. Which is odd, considering the fact that there were many things that happened:
Dan got three flats in a manner of minutes resulting in his attempt at throwing his bike off a cliff. About one minute later we watched in horror as an 18 wheeled logging truck locked all 18 wheels and slid through the same corner narrowly missing us, but not missing a beat, and rolling on. Minutes later a black bear crossed the road in front of us at a speed I've never witnessed an animal traveling. And Steve Francisco laughed from the drivers seat as week pummeled ourselves into the dirt roads we traversed. But we carried on. And then we made him do our shopping. And that was only in the last hour.
I hadn't realized just how much I had forgotten about this ride. How many of the little moments had just been glossed over in my mind. But the reason for this, I think, is that the climb on this route, Cold Knob, was something that I will never forget.
Michael tried to warn us the night before, but quite possibly we were too sleep deprived to listen.
In any case, if you're looking for a little pain in your life. If you are looking to verify your existence as a cyclist, as a human, and you happen to be in West Virginia anytime soon. Check out this ride. And while you are at it read through Michael's write up. It is a beautiful account of our trip there, interweaving a thread of local history through the story that we lived together. Well done.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.