We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Continental at NYC Cycle Club
words Mike Spriggs
With a gallery located in the back of the Club, we couldn't resist tapping a two of our favorite photographers, Dan Sharp and Chris Milliman, along with artist/Continental rider, Peter Rubijono, to share some of the works they've created during the past 4 years of documenting the Rapha Continental. Milliman and Sharp's stunning pictures all come from recent Continental rides, while Rubijono's sketches document the faces of the Continental riders.
We've also brought the bikes of the Continental to the gallery which include Bilenky, Independent Fabrication, Seven Cycles, Richard Sachs, Circle A Cycles, and Igleheart. A case full of objects, notes, and ephemera are on display along with beautiful films from the summer of 2009 and the Tour of California.
To help us celebrate on opening night, Carey S-H, Director (and rider) of the Continental, was in from Portland. Also, Continental riders Kansas Waugh, Rich Bravo, Pete Rubijono, Hott Sam, and Dan Langlois, were on hand to make sure there was no beer left at the end of the event. But, most importantly, we were honored to host the builders of the Continental; Chris Igleheart, Tyler Evans (IF), Simon Firth (Bilenky) and Rob Vandermark (Seven) mingled with guests and fielded questions (and compliments) throughout the evening, It was a special honor to have their presence at the opening it was a great way to thank them for their continued support.
Needless to say, the Rapha Continental is something that we're quite proud of. The exhibit will be up for the remainder of August, and because of the show's success, we've also decided to make available for sale the photo prints in the exhibit. Each image is limited to a series of 12, for $40 per print. Please come and take a look at what we've been up to for the past few years.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb