We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Continental at NYC Cycle Club
words Mike Spriggs
With a gallery located in the back of the Club, we couldn't resist tapping a two of our favorite photographers, Dan Sharp and Chris Milliman, along with artist/Continental rider, Peter Rubijono, to share some of the works they've created during the past 4 years of documenting the Rapha Continental. Milliman and Sharp's stunning pictures all come from recent Continental rides, while Rubijono's sketches document the faces of the Continental riders.
We've also brought the bikes of the Continental to the gallery which include Bilenky, Independent Fabrication, Seven Cycles, Richard Sachs, Circle A Cycles, and Igleheart. A case full of objects, notes, and ephemera are on display along with beautiful films from the summer of 2009 and the Tour of California.
To help us celebrate on opening night, Carey S-H, Director (and rider) of the Continental, was in from Portland. Also, Continental riders Kansas Waugh, Rich Bravo, Pete Rubijono, Hott Sam, and Dan Langlois, were on hand to make sure there was no beer left at the end of the event. But, most importantly, we were honored to host the builders of the Continental; Chris Igleheart, Tyler Evans (IF), Simon Firth (Bilenky) and Rob Vandermark (Seven) mingled with guests and fielded questions (and compliments) throughout the evening, It was a special honor to have their presence at the opening it was a great way to thank them for their continued support.
Needless to say, the Rapha Continental is something that we're quite proud of. The exhibit will be up for the remainder of August, and because of the show's success, we've also decided to make available for sale the photo prints in the exhibit. Each image is limited to a series of 12, for $40 per print. Please come and take a look at what we've been up to for the past few years.
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/TfWWoTG1ge
- RT @CondorWarehouse: @raphacondor JLT 2014 pedals will be @SpeedplayPedals Stainless White :-) http://t.co/S4oOK2gx8t
- RT @CondorWarehouse: A massive shout out to @SpeedplayPedals just received our pedals for @raphacondor JLT 2014 bikes. Thanks guys http://t…
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Darren Edwards who receives a Rapha Backpack. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- @vickiewoodsford @tobytoof @daithetooth @WhittleFit Thanks Vickie, very kind of you to say.
- @daithetooth Thank you Dai.
- @rich_mitch @RaphaCycleClub You're welcome.
- @rich_mitch Hey Rich, you're probably best to head to our @RaphaCycleClub in London to try them on with advice some our knowledgable staff.
- RT @rapha_australia: The first #alpedquiz question has been asked. "FAUSTO COPPI WAS THE FIRST MAN TO DO WHAT?" Answer at http://t.co/EnOFN…