We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Continental at NYC Cycle Club
words Mike Spriggs
With a gallery located in the back of the Club, we couldn't resist tapping a two of our favorite photographers, Dan Sharp and Chris Milliman, along with artist/Continental rider, Peter Rubijono, to share some of the works they've created during the past 4 years of documenting the Rapha Continental. Milliman and Sharp's stunning pictures all come from recent Continental rides, while Rubijono's sketches document the faces of the Continental riders.
We've also brought the bikes of the Continental to the gallery which include Bilenky, Independent Fabrication, Seven Cycles, Richard Sachs, Circle A Cycles, and Igleheart. A case full of objects, notes, and ephemera are on display along with beautiful films from the summer of 2009 and the Tour of California.
To help us celebrate on opening night, Carey S-H, Director (and rider) of the Continental, was in from Portland. Also, Continental riders Kansas Waugh, Rich Bravo, Pete Rubijono, Hott Sam, and Dan Langlois, were on hand to make sure there was no beer left at the end of the event. But, most importantly, we were honored to host the builders of the Continental; Chris Igleheart, Tyler Evans (IF), Simon Firth (Bilenky) and Rob Vandermark (Seven) mingled with guests and fielded questions (and compliments) throughout the evening, It was a special honor to have their presence at the opening it was a great way to thank them for their continued support.
Needless to say, the Rapha Continental is something that we're quite proud of. The exhibit will be up for the remainder of August, and because of the show's success, we've also decided to make available for sale the photo prints in the exhibit. Each image is limited to a series of 12, for $40 per print. Please come and take a look at what we've been up to for the past few years.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…