We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Continental at NYC Cycle Club
words Mike Spriggs
With a gallery located in the back of the Club, we couldn't resist tapping a two of our favorite photographers, Dan Sharp and Chris Milliman, along with artist/Continental rider, Peter Rubijono, to share some of the works they've created during the past 4 years of documenting the Rapha Continental. Milliman and Sharp's stunning pictures all come from recent Continental rides, while Rubijono's sketches document the faces of the Continental riders.
We've also brought the bikes of the Continental to the gallery which include Bilenky, Independent Fabrication, Seven Cycles, Richard Sachs, Circle A Cycles, and Igleheart. A case full of objects, notes, and ephemera are on display along with beautiful films from the summer of 2009 and the Tour of California.
To help us celebrate on opening night, Carey S-H, Director (and rider) of the Continental, was in from Portland. Also, Continental riders Kansas Waugh, Rich Bravo, Pete Rubijono, Hott Sam, and Dan Langlois, were on hand to make sure there was no beer left at the end of the event. But, most importantly, we were honored to host the builders of the Continental; Chris Igleheart, Tyler Evans (IF), Simon Firth (Bilenky) and Rob Vandermark (Seven) mingled with guests and fielded questions (and compliments) throughout the evening, It was a special honor to have their presence at the opening it was a great way to thank them for their continued support.
Needless to say, the Rapha Continental is something that we're quite proud of. The exhibit will be up for the remainder of August, and because of the show's success, we've also decided to make available for sale the photo prints in the exhibit. Each image is limited to a series of 12, for $40 per print. Please come and take a look at what we've been up to for the past few years.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.