Last summer saw the first exploit of the European Rapha Continental, with a visit to Bohemia in the Czech Republic finishing atop the magical Ještěd mountain. Tired from the day before, but determined to make the most of the weekend in unknown lands, the next day saw us head even further east into Poland.
Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Richard Sachs a toujours été un nom qui me semblait familier. Non pas que j’aurai pu expliquer le qui du pourquoi du comment, mais ce nom fait partie de ces monuments de la grande famille du vélo.
Imagine, fabriquer des cadres, année après année depuis 30 ans. Je connais des entreprises qui le font, le font faire du moins. Mais ici, il s’agit d’un seul homme, représentant depuis tout ce temps sa marque, son nom. Richard Sachs raconte son histoire avec une incroyable décontraction, et sans l’once d’émotion dans la voix, d’un seul trait, il parle de ce qu'est sa vie comme si c’était la moindre des choses. Nous l’avons rencontré, et c’était bien la moindre des choses.
This coming weekend sees Rapha in Berlin for the launch of the 2013 Hidden Europe Continental programme. The highlight is the unveiling of the new Continental fleet itself and many of our partner framebuilders and riders will be present throughout the weekend to talk about the bikes, the ideas behind them and much, much more. There will be a competition to win a handbuilt frame, plus we're very proud to have Felix Wolf (from Light-Wolf) building wheels for us on the stand.
“By the time we had delivered the satchel to Sydney, we had retraced a unique route, crossing three states to arrive exhausted but elated. What remained was the bond that formed between the Continental riders, a unique camaraderie.” - Daniel Strauss
By Max Leonard
Made in England is a forthcoming book co-written by two British frame builders about British handmade frames. Ricky Feather of Feather Cycles and Matthew Sowter of Saffron Frameworks have been travelling around the UK to interview builders about their craft, gaining an insight into their particular style, techniques and philosophy. They've talked to each artisan in his own workshop with photographer Kayti Peschke, house photographer at Bespoked Bristol (who also happens to be Ricky's wife), documenting everything from tools to teabags.
August 2012 – Santa Rosa, CA. Andy Hampsten and the Rapha Continental
See the film this Wednesday 5th September
Trailer for the debut Rapha Continental Europe ride
Stills by Stefan Rohner and Femke Hoogland
Mention Bohemia and many will no doubt think of metropolitan areas synonymous with unconventional lifestyles; perhaps even free love, rose-tinted glasses and recreational drug use. Think Greenwich Village in New York, Berlin Mitte or Montmartre in Paris. A meeting place for like-minded artists, writers or musicians.
< Précédent Suivant >
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb