Last summer saw the first exploit of the European Rapha Continental, with a visit to Bohemia in the Czech Republic finishing atop the magical Ještěd mountain. Tired from the day before, but determined to make the most of the weekend in unknown lands, the next day saw us head even further east into Poland.
Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
The name Richard Sachs has always had a familiar ring for me. I can’t explain the whys and wherefores, it’s a name written in stone in my mind, the name of a cycling legend.
Imagine building frames, year after year, for 40 years. I know companies that do it, or rather that get others to do it. But this is one man who has stood for his brand, his name, for all this time. Richard Sachs tells his story in his inimitably laid-back style, talking about all his life’s great achievements without the slightest quiver of emotion in his voice, as if nothing could have been simpler. But, such is the legend of Richard Sachs that, for us, the simple act of meeting him felt like a great achievement in itself!
This coming weekend sees Rapha in Berlin for the launch of the 2013 Hidden Europe Continental programme. The highlight is the unveiling of the new Continental fleet itself and many of our partner framebuilders and riders will be present throughout the weekend to talk about the bikes, the ideas behind them and much, much more. There will be a competition to win a handbuilt frame, plus we're very proud to have Felix Wolf (from Light-Wolf) building wheels for us on the stand.
“By the time we had delivered the satchel to Sydney, we had retraced a unique route, crossing three states to arrive exhausted but elated. What remained was the bond that formed between the Continental riders, a unique camaraderie.” - Daniel Strauss
By Max Leonard
Made in England is a forthcoming book co-written by two British frame builders about British handmade frames. Ricky Feather of Feather Cycles and Matthew Sowter of Saffron Frameworks have been travelling around the UK to interview builders about their craft, gaining an insight into their particular style, techniques and philosophy. They've talked to each artisan in his own workshop with photographer Kayti Peschke, house photographer at Bespoked Bristol (who also happens to be Ricky's wife), documenting everything from tools to teabags.
August 2012 – Santa Rosa, CA. Andy Hampsten and the Rapha Continental
See the film this Wednesday 5th September
Trailer for the debut Rapha Continental Europe ride
Stills by Stefan Rohner and Femke Hoogland
Mention Bohemia and many will no doubt think of metropolitan areas synonymous with unconventional lifestyles; perhaps even free love, rose-tinted glasses and recreational drug use. Think Greenwich Village in New York, Berlin Mitte or Montmartre in Paris. A meeting place for like-minded artists, writers or musicians.
< Zurück Weiter >
- RT @mike_cuming: good luck to the fellas @Porterelliott @willstephenson and @edlaverack in the U23 TT today...
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...