Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Rapha Condor Summer Race Series
Photos Laura Fletcher
I turned up to the first of the summer’s Rapha Condor race meetings as the Rapha H van was unfurling. It had somehow made it to the race without breaking down, probably due to some creative engine-cooling methods developed by H-van pilots Harry and Jon. There was rumour of energetic door waving and bonnet opening, as they rattled along at 50mph.
For anyone who hasn't been there, the course at Hog Hill is a demanding circuit with a tough climb and a fast cornering descent. Whilst it’s a real test for those racing, the clubhouse commands a great panorama of London, so spectators can watch riders suffer whilst enjoying the capital’s skyline in the distance. There is a great atmosphere at this purpose-built racetrack, riders lounging on the grassy banks of the clubhouse in between races.
In between selling Rapha Caps and Rouleur mags, Harry was busy offering free grappa to anyone and everyone. A passing rain shower sounded like a storm from inside the van as I pinned on my race number. I stepped out of the van, having been administered my own shot of race fuel by Harry, and noticed plenty of Rapha kit around as I lined up with a large field of nervous riders.
Dominique Gabellini took the vets race easily with Julian from Condor Cycles coming in third. The 3/4 cat. race had a good turn out of at least 40 riders, well contested with people being shelled out the back on every lap, including myself about half way. Maybe that grappa wasn't such a good idea (hill repeats are a gut buster). The H van makes a good rattle for supporters and meeting point for people to chew the fat and make excuses for being dropped! Didn't see the elite race but heard there was some throwing up (hopefully nothing to do with the grappa).
For more details on the Rapha Condor Summer Race Series click.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS