We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Condor Sharp Team Launch
The Rapha Condor Sharp team launched their 2010 season last night in central London. Now in their 4th year of racing, the boys in black are arguably the strongest British road team outside of the ProTour.
2009 was a fantastic season for the team, capped by the victory of Kristian House in the National Road Race Championships last June. For 2010 the team will be looking to continue its rise up the continental ranks with a squad that mixes some well known faces with new additions to the roster.
Team manager, John Herety, described how the 2010 Rapha Condor Sharp team came together:
For 2010 the certainty that the Tour Series will continue and the growth of the National Circuit Series means we’ve been able to invest in riders who can focus on that side of the sport, whilst at the same time ensuring we’re well equipped for the bigger road and stage races. The squad splits into three really, guys for the crits, guys for the road and those who can do both. I think we’ll perform well on all fronts this year.
The Rapha Condor Sharp team gets its season underway with a three week training camp in Malaga followed by one of the world’s biggest criteriums in Singapore, the Tour of Taiwan, and then on to the tough Tour of Normandy. The first UK racing engagements for the team will come with the Roy Thame Cup and the Jock Wadley Memorial.
Photo © Zed Jameson
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.