We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Condor Sharp Team Launch
The Rapha Condor Sharp team launched their 2010 season last night in central London. Now in their 4th year of racing, the boys in black are arguably the strongest British road team outside of the ProTour.
2009 was a fantastic season for the team, capped by the victory of Kristian House in the National Road Race Championships last June. For 2010 the team will be looking to continue its rise up the continental ranks with a squad that mixes some well known faces with new additions to the roster.
Team manager, John Herety, described how the 2010 Rapha Condor Sharp team came together:
For 2010 the certainty that the Tour Series will continue and the growth of the National Circuit Series means we’ve been able to invest in riders who can focus on that side of the sport, whilst at the same time ensuring we’re well equipped for the bigger road and stage races. The squad splits into three really, guys for the crits, guys for the road and those who can do both. I think we’ll perform well on all fronts this year.
The Rapha Condor Sharp team gets its season underway with a three week training camp in Malaga followed by one of the world’s biggest criteriums in Singapore, the Tour of Taiwan, and then on to the tough Tour of Normandy. The first UK racing engagements for the team will come with the Roy Thame Cup and the Jock Wadley Memorial.
Photo © Zed Jameson
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC