[ locale string ]
We are showing you the Taiwanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Condor Sharp Rides Battenkill
photos by Dan Sharp
This morning was an early one for the Rapha Condor Sharp guys, but also for everyone else that came out to ride Central Park with them. This is not an entirely unusual occurrence for the peoples of New York City though, as the Park has a wonderful loop through it, but opens to car traffic at 7am. The sheer number of cyclists that came out to welcome these guys to their trip to the states was awesome to say the least. But what was also awesome was to watch the eyes of some of the racers as they made their way from the hotel to Columbus Circle. For a few of these guys it is their first time to NYC and for a couple a first trip to the states.
After the ride it was a coffee and tea party at Signature Cycles where the RCS guys had a chance to look through some of the nicest bicycles in the city. Paul and Grant did a great job of playing host and their fully stocked shop was a great backdrop as the sun fully rose over the city.
After a pastry and drinks the Rapha Racing NYC crew decided to lead the guys out a little further and escorted them to Battery Park for a sunny view of The City and the watchful eye of the The Statue of Liberty. What a great tour of the town, and all that before 9am.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb