We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Condor Sharp Rides Battenkill
photos by Dan Sharp
This morning was an early one for the Rapha Condor Sharp guys, but also for everyone else that came out to ride Central Park with them. This is not an entirely unusual occurrence for the peoples of New York City though, as the Park has a wonderful loop through it, but opens to car traffic at 7am. The sheer number of cyclists that came out to welcome these guys to their trip to the states was awesome to say the least. But what was also awesome was to watch the eyes of some of the racers as they made their way from the hotel to Columbus Circle. For a few of these guys it is their first time to NYC and for a couple a first trip to the states.
After the ride it was a coffee and tea party at Signature Cycles where the RCS guys had a chance to look through some of the nicest bicycles in the city. Paul and Grant did a great job of playing host and their fully stocked shop was a great backdrop as the sun fully rose over the city.
After a pastry and drinks the Rapha Racing NYC crew decided to lead the guys out a little further and escorted them to Battery Park for a sunny view of The City and the watchful eye of the The Statue of Liberty. What a great tour of the town, and all that before 9am.
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.