[ locale string ]
Rapha Condor Sharp Rides Battenkill
photos by Dan Sharp
This morning was an early one for the Rapha Condor Sharp guys, but also for everyone else that came out to ride Central Park with them. This is not an entirely unusual occurrence for the peoples of New York City though, as the Park has a wonderful loop through it, but opens to car traffic at 7am. The sheer number of cyclists that came out to welcome these guys to their trip to the states was awesome to say the least. But what was also awesome was to watch the eyes of some of the racers as they made their way from the hotel to Columbus Circle. For a few of these guys it is their first time to NYC and for a couple a first trip to the states.
After the ride it was a coffee and tea party at Signature Cycles where the RCS guys had a chance to look through some of the nicest bicycles in the city. Paul and Grant did a great job of playing host and their fully stocked shop was a great backdrop as the sun fully rose over the city.
After a pastry and drinks the Rapha Racing NYC crew decided to lead the guys out a little further and escorted them to Battery Park for a sunny view of The City and the watchful eye of the The Statue of Liberty. What a great tour of the town, and all that before 9am.
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.