We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cityscopes - Photography Competition
The city can make for fascinating viewing. At times beautiful, ugly, seedy, sublime and ridiculous. Every street, building and person has a story. And this story is best discovered by bicycle.
The city rider's journey can be as perilous as it is rewarding but we all know those moments when the evening ride home gives you that scintillating feeling. A view across a bridge or down a tree-lined street, the twinkling lights at night or the morning mist lifting. The art of city riding is as visual as it is physical.
Over the next two weeks, we want you to stop (or not) and document the world you encounter whilst riding in the city. It might be the downtown skyline, a man walking his dog, chewing gum stains forming an effigy of Fausto Coppi or a freshly demolished tower block. Whatever the view, if you think it's worth capturing through a lens, take it. Then submit it to our Cityscopes photography competition. If you perceive it to have visual beauty, or to tell a story, we want to see it.
#cityscopes, your #city or #town, and if you wish, #cycling
Example (by J. Dunn) :
Wentworth - 19.30hrs #cityscopes #portland #pdx #cycling
We will select a gallery of the best submissions and put them to the public vote. Prizes to be announced. Bonne route!
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb