[ locale string ]
Cityscopes - Photography Competition
The city can make for fascinating viewing. At times beautiful, ugly, seedy, sublime and ridiculous. Every street, building and person has a story. And this story is best discovered by bicycle.
The city rider's journey can be as perilous as it is rewarding but we all know those moments when the evening ride home gives you that scintillating feeling. A view across a bridge or down a tree-lined street, the twinkling lights at night or the morning mist lifting. The art of city riding is as visual as it is physical.
Over the next two weeks, we want you to stop (or not) and document the world you encounter whilst riding in the city. It might be the downtown skyline, a man walking his dog, chewing gum stains forming an effigy of Fausto Coppi or a freshly demolished tower block. Whatever the view, if you think it's worth capturing through a lens, take it. Then submit it to our Cityscopes photography competition. If you perceive it to have visual beauty, or to tell a story, we want to see it.
#cityscopes, your #city or #town, and if you wish, #cycling
Example (by J. Dunn) :
Wentworth - 19.30hrs #cityscopes #portland #pdx #cycling
We will select a gallery of the best submissions and put them to the public vote. Prizes to be announced. Bonne route!
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…