We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Cityscopes - Photography Competition
The city can make for fascinating viewing. At times beautiful, ugly, seedy, sublime and ridiculous. Every street, building and person has a story. And this story is best discovered by bicycle.
The city rider's journey can be as perilous as it is rewarding but we all know those moments when the evening ride home gives you that scintillating feeling. A view across a bridge or down a tree-lined street, the twinkling lights at night or the morning mist lifting. The art of city riding is as visual as it is physical.
Over the next two weeks, we want you to stop (or not) and document the world you encounter whilst riding in the city. It might be the downtown skyline, a man walking his dog, chewing gum stains forming an effigy of Fausto Coppi or a freshly demolished tower block. Whatever the view, if you think it's worth capturing through a lens, take it. Then submit it to our Cityscopes photography competition. If you perceive it to have visual beauty, or to tell a story, we want to see it.
#cityscopes, your #city or #town, and if you wish, #cycling
Example (by J. Dunn) :
Wentworth - 19.30hrs #cityscopes #portland #pdx #cycling
We will select a gallery of the best submissions and put them to the public vote. Prizes to be announced. Bonne route!
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.