We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha Christmas Party 2009
"Coach of the Year 2008" is what it read on the back of the hired transportation to take 20 of us from Rapha London HQ to Newport Velodrome on Tuesday. The driver ferried us swiftly (but not necessarily safely) down the M4 whilst we enjoyed a few drinks and some Christmas quiz action: Team Bonkers won this by half a point.
Very soon the majority of us were riding red Pinarellos around the boards of the Welsh National Velodrome, supervised by ex Rapha Condor rider Matt Rowe. Everyone enjoyed the speed of the track and no crashes occurred, thus no tweezers or gauze required.
After that it was back on the coach and down to Bristol for the evening to dine and enjoy plenty of wine at Hotel du Vin (thanks to Rapha Condor sponsors Malmaison). This is where the report ends because no one, especially the coach driver, can remember what happened after dinner. A great party - Merry Christmas.
- RT @nedboulting: Kristian House's Grandad was a fantastic man. He told me about him once. Then I read this: http://t.co/ZCeYbm4sFU
- @DeanHardman @nedboulting @j_t_locke such a shame...
- @TeamSkyGirl @nedboulting @j_t_locke we've asked JTL to change his name.
- RT @Ed_Clancy: Watch @raphacondor team mate Kristian House take another win (and lap me in the process) around his favourite circuit to…
- RT @TourSeries: Catch-up with all of the #Durham #tourseries action on ITV4 tonight http://t.co/YE9zgNaZem
- Some helpful #womens100 tips from Australian pro @tiffanycromwell that you might find useful over on @gcntweet → http://t.co/ZqgODQ6Tz3
- New Media, New Myths: @TrueBS writes for our blog about the building of legends at the @AmgenTourofCali → http://t.co/SEEBqxorZh #AToC
- Starting this Sunday, the Irish tour @anpostras is being raced by @raphacondor JLT and our very own Ultan Coyle. → http://t.co/gJmiGGr2zy
- Atoc photographers come in all shapes and sizes. Like this one @johnprolly. #atoc http://t.co/yWV0121rRB
- Tejay on the front of the 17 man break that includes more than a few heavies. http://t.co/hJmdvUHLeS