We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha and the CCC 2010
We featured the first Cent Cols Challenge on the blog late last summer. The Cent Cols Challenge (or CCC) pitted teams of four riders to scale 100 French cols in the space of ten days. We sponsored this monstrous sportive and sent a team along to ride it. We are continuing our support for this year's event, now becoming the main sponsor. Phil Deeker, the founder and organiser of the CCC, told us:
“The idea for the Cent Cols Challenge came from a desire to share the deep sensation of pure achievement that comes from hours spent riding the dramatic roads and mountains of Europe. The Rider is unified with his bike through his efforts and suffering and through it all emerges a sense of grace (or is that delirium?) and extreme awareness of one’s body and surroundings.
The comfort and performance of the hardware and clothing one is wearing is critical, for so many reasons. Rapha have always covered the latter aspect for me with perfection. Their ethos, both on and off the road, has been an inspiration to me and the spirit of the Cent Cols has always been infused with their philosophy. Therefore, I am absolutely delighted that they have become the main sponsor of the sportive. Our partnership will ensure this event will give others a chance to experience the unique beauty of ‘ultimate cycling’ for many years to come.”
To sign up for the 2010 CCC visit: centcolschallenge.com
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…