We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha and the CCC 2010
We featured the first Cent Cols Challenge on the blog late last summer. The Cent Cols Challenge (or CCC) pitted teams of four riders to scale 100 French cols in the space of ten days. We sponsored this monstrous sportive and sent a team along to ride it. We are continuing our support for this year's event, now becoming the main sponsor. Phil Deeker, the founder and organiser of the CCC, told us:
“The idea for the Cent Cols Challenge came from a desire to share the deep sensation of pure achievement that comes from hours spent riding the dramatic roads and mountains of Europe. The Rider is unified with his bike through his efforts and suffering and through it all emerges a sense of grace (or is that delirium?) and extreme awareness of one’s body and surroundings.
The comfort and performance of the hardware and clothing one is wearing is critical, for so many reasons. Rapha have always covered the latter aspect for me with perfection. Their ethos, both on and off the road, has been an inspiration to me and the spirit of the Cent Cols has always been infused with their philosophy. Therefore, I am absolutely delighted that they have become the main sponsor of the sportive. Our partnership will ensure this event will give others a chance to experience the unique beauty of ‘ultimate cycling’ for many years to come.”
To sign up for the 2010 CCC visit: centcolschallenge.com
- @playa_mansa Sorry, somehow missed this. Our backpack is great for general use. Most of us here use it both on and off the bike.
- @TheRaceRadio A man experienced in sheep aerodynamics, perhaps. → http://t.co/4ysrDy5bie
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!