We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Rapha and the CCC 2010
We featured the first Cent Cols Challenge on the blog late last summer. The Cent Cols Challenge (or CCC) pitted teams of four riders to scale 100 French cols in the space of ten days. We sponsored this monstrous sportive and sent a team along to ride it. We are continuing our support for this year's event, now becoming the main sponsor. Phil Deeker, the founder and organiser of the CCC, told us:
“The idea for the Cent Cols Challenge came from a desire to share the deep sensation of pure achievement that comes from hours spent riding the dramatic roads and mountains of Europe. The Rider is unified with his bike through his efforts and suffering and through it all emerges a sense of grace (or is that delirium?) and extreme awareness of one’s body and surroundings.
The comfort and performance of the hardware and clothing one is wearing is critical, for so many reasons. Rapha have always covered the latter aspect for me with perfection. Their ethos, both on and off the road, has been an inspiration to me and the spirit of the Cent Cols has always been infused with their philosophy. Therefore, I am absolutely delighted that they have become the main sponsor of the sportive. Our partnership will ensure this event will give others a chance to experience the unique beauty of ‘ultimate cycling’ for many years to come.”
To sign up for the 2010 CCC visit: centcolschallenge.com
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX