[ locale string ]
Rapha and the CCC 2010
We featured the first Cent Cols Challenge on the blog late last summer. The Cent Cols Challenge (or CCC) pitted teams of four riders to scale 100 French cols in the space of ten days. We sponsored this monstrous sportive and sent a team along to ride it. We are continuing our support for this year's event, now becoming the main sponsor. Phil Deeker, the founder and organiser of the CCC, told us:
“The idea for the Cent Cols Challenge came from a desire to share the deep sensation of pure achievement that comes from hours spent riding the dramatic roads and mountains of Europe. The Rider is unified with his bike through his efforts and suffering and through it all emerges a sense of grace (or is that delirium?) and extreme awareness of one’s body and surroundings.
The comfort and performance of the hardware and clothing one is wearing is critical, for so many reasons. Rapha have always covered the latter aspect for me with perfection. Their ethos, both on and off the road, has been an inspiration to me and the spirit of the Cent Cols has always been infused with their philosophy. Therefore, I am absolutely delighted that they have become the main sponsor of the sportive. Our partnership will ensure this event will give others a chance to experience the unique beauty of ‘ultimate cycling’ for many years to come.”
To sign up for the 2010 CCC visit: centcolschallenge.com
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN