Coming very soon, the Rapha & Raeburn collaboration is a new collection of products for city cyclists, all made in England. The centrepiece is the Wind Jacket, remade from military parachute canopies.
We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
A first glance at what's up the road in the coming weeks for Rapha’s new Spring Summer 2013 range. Not only will Rapha be outfitting the world's leading riders at Team Sky, there will be a host of new technical fabrics, dedicated hot weather products, fresh accessories, new colours and reworked iconic pieces. There are also new capsule collections, offering original and functional designs.
As we introduce two new colours of the Classic Jersey for the Spring Summer season, we wanted to find out a little more about the origins of the product that started it all. Who better to ask than Rapha founder (and one of the original testers of the first Classic Jersey prototypes), Simon Mottram.
When did you first start developing the jersey?
Team Sky is made up of a squad of 27 riders, 16 performance staff, 4 doctors, 5 physios, 9 carers/ soigneurs, 9 mechanics, 2 drivers, 1 chef, and 13 others including a photographer, press officer and service course manager. That’s quite an entourage, so you need a lot of kit. Here are some pictures from the week before Christmas when a crack team at Rapha hand picked and personally packed Team Sky’s grand delivery of Rapha kit for the new season. This included bespoke tailored kit, personalised name labels and more.
The holidays are over. You can pat yourself on the back for making it through yet another episode. Now you can go out and get what you really wanted for yourself. Return all the scarves and socks and get some new tyres and brake pads. The winter riding season does wonders on your bicycles as well as your psyche. One trick to help you through the cold months is to envision what new steed you will be acquiring by the time the sun has melted away the ice. Here are a few options for you to ponder by way of some favorites that we have run into this past year.
Wool is highly respected around Rapha headquarters. From the inspirational jerseys of yore to the thick socks that provide so much needed warmth on our winter rides. The versatility of Merino Wool is one that has been chronicled more than once within these pages. We have heard from more than one person that they have gone so far as to throw out all their old underwear and replace them with the Merino Boxers.. That's the miracle of merino. Whatever the case may be, this all-purpose natural wonder is the basis for #oneoftheseplease week five.
Freshening up your city riding is a great way to make commuting for you and yours a bit more pleasant, comfortable and stylish. The often overlooked city bike is a daily ride for many cyclists and surprisingly one of the spots that people tend to neglect the most. Here are a few ideas for those in your life that ride their bicycles to and fro every day.
< Previous Next >
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX