Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Pro Visit with Tim Johnson
Photos by Jeff Curtes
Red Bull Cyclocross Racer and former U.S. National Cyclocross Champion Tim Johnson stopped by the office this morning to go for a little cross ride with us. Somehow we finagled him into a Red Classic Softshell that we had emblazoned with the Red Bull logo. Johnson is in town to race the USGP's this weekend out at the Portland International Raceway.
We all gathered at the office and then headed up and over the famous St. Johns bridge and into Forest Park. First it was up Saltzman, down Fire Lane 5 and then back on Lief. Tim took the time to ask any questions put to him, especially those by local Pro racer Steven Hunter as seen here:
I would venture to say that we would play host to Mr. Johnson any day of the week. His stories of cyclocross worlds, his days racing for Saturn Cycling (alongside Chris Horner, Jonathan Page and Mark McCormack,) as well as a funny one of Johnny Sundt putting hot embrocation on before he pulled up his skinsuit were a great reminder that Pro's are people too. Which is easy to forget when you are standing on the sidelines watching him blaze a trail on the Cross Courses around the country. However, if you get a chance to say hello to Tim, do so, he has to be one of the most accessible athletes on the pro racing circuit today.
After the ride we headed over to visit our local baristas Matt and Aubrey at the Blue Gardenia for some coffee, pastries and stories. The talk quickly turned from riding and racing to the finer points of staying out on Jantzen Island and the merits of the Bagel Dog for post ride recovery. But other interesting points to the conversations were humorous asides about the things said on the start line (in this case between Geoff Kabush and Ryan Trebon) and the news that Tim will be racing the Cyclocross World Championships in Prague at the end of January.
Thanks for stopping by and good luck tomorrow.
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX