We are showing you the Global version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Postcards From the Rockies
Photos by Dan Sharp
Each of Dan Sharp's photos look as though they could be postcards from Ride the Rockies. While the cruising through Colorado may be over for the moment, the love for this great state need not stop. With an extra day the Rapha Continental headed out from Vail on a 90 mile cool down that took them through some of the Leadville 100 trails. Ride the Rockies may have been over, but there was just too much exploring left to do. Even with all the riding that they did, there was still time to send their own postcards back to the office here.
Steve Francisco can be seen here enjoying some of the unexpected gravel on the day. You might not know it about Mr. Francisco from this shot, but he loves to ride his road bike on gravel. If you happen to be riding with him and you run into a spot of gravel, do not be swayed by his persistent urgings to find smoother ground, he really loves it deep down inside. We all do.
On that final day the Continental riders, led by James Selman, hit sections of the fabled Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race. Selman himself has done the race going on 9 times now. He will return to the thick air of Colorado later this summer to tackle the race yet again.
And at the end of it all there are the memories to tide everyone over till the next year. The memories, sore legs, deep tan-lines and a few postcards as well. Which brings up a good point, if you, dear readers have an inkling to send a postcard of your riding travels to the office it would be great to see what you have been up to. The Continental Riders have been charged with it for the remainder of the summer, but how about everyone else?
- RT @mike_cuming: good luck to the fellas @Porterelliott @willstephenson and @edlaverack in the U23 TT today...
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...