We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Postcards From the Rockies
Photos by Dan Sharp
Each of Dan Sharp's photos look as though they could be postcards from Ride the Rockies. While the cruising through Colorado may be over for the moment, the love for this great state need not stop. With an extra day the Rapha Continental headed out from Vail on a 90 mile cool down that took them through some of the Leadville 100 trails. Ride the Rockies may have been over, but there was just too much exploring left to do. Even with all the riding that they did, there was still time to send their own postcards back to the office here.
Steve Francisco can be seen here enjoying some of the unexpected gravel on the day. You might not know it about Mr. Francisco from this shot, but he loves to ride his road bike on gravel. If you happen to be riding with him and you run into a spot of gravel, do not be swayed by his persistent urgings to find smoother ground, he really loves it deep down inside. We all do.
On that final day the Continental riders, led by James Selman, hit sections of the fabled Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race. Selman himself has done the race going on 9 times now. He will return to the thick air of Colorado later this summer to tackle the race yet again.
And at the end of it all there are the memories to tide everyone over till the next year. The memories, sore legs, deep tan-lines and a few postcards as well. Which brings up a good point, if you, dear readers have an inkling to send a postcard of your riding travels to the office it would be great to see what you have been up to. The Continental Riders have been charged with it for the remainder of the summer, but how about everyone else?
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc