We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Postcards From the Rockies
Photos by Dan Sharp
Each of Dan Sharp's photos look as though they could be postcards from Ride the Rockies. While the cruising through Colorado may be over for the moment, the love for this great state need not stop. With an extra day the Rapha Continental headed out from Vail on a 90 mile cool down that took them through some of the Leadville 100 trails. Ride the Rockies may have been over, but there was just too much exploring left to do. Even with all the riding that they did, there was still time to send their own postcards back to the office here.
Steve Francisco can be seen here enjoying some of the unexpected gravel on the day. You might not know it about Mr. Francisco from this shot, but he loves to ride his road bike on gravel. If you happen to be riding with him and you run into a spot of gravel, do not be swayed by his persistent urgings to find smoother ground, he really loves it deep down inside. We all do.
On that final day the Continental riders, led by James Selman, hit sections of the fabled Leadville Trail 100 mountain bike race. Selman himself has done the race going on 9 times now. He will return to the thick air of Colorado later this summer to tackle the race yet again.
And at the end of it all there are the memories to tide everyone over till the next year. The memories, sore legs, deep tan-lines and a few postcards as well. Which brings up a good point, if you, dear readers have an inkling to send a postcard of your riding travels to the office it would be great to see what you have been up to. The Continental Riders have been charged with it for the remainder of the summer, but how about everyone else?
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX
- Churchill → http://t.co/5yhkiupJAH #raphasurvey #wayfaring #cycling
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…