We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Photos from Rapha (Franklin’s) Point
The pictures below are from Andy Pike, who has been following Rapha Condor JLT at the Sun Tour, Down Under. The team, in their freshly designed kit bearing the name of new sponsor JLT, are having a serious early-season test in the cycling-mad state of Victoria.
“Yesterday we welcomed big crowds to the newly claimed Rapha Point, formerly known as Franklin’s Point. I’m still buzzing from the atmosphere.” - Andrew Pike
The youngsters are getting stuck into a very early season block of racing, having completed the trio of Bay criteriums in Melbourne. It's proving excellent, if tough, preparation for the year ahead, with the experienced Kristian House showed his mettle by placing second in the hilly Portarlington round of the Bay Series. But the conditions got even tougher for the boys in black as the Sun Tour got underway. Forty-degree heat, strong winds and crashes were endured by all, with Aaron Buggle having to undergo surgery on his elbow. The team will now head to Bendigo for a six-week training camp. We wish them well for the coming season and speedy recovery to Aaron and Mike Cuming, who also suffered injuries in the crash. Reflecting on events so far, Team Manager John Herety said:
“There is a lot to take away from these first races. We’ve come in to a really intense period of the Australian racing calendar and the challenges have been pretty exceptional, but I’m really pleased with what the boys have shown me.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC