Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Photos from Rapha (Franklin’s) Point
The pictures below are from Andy Pike, who has been following Rapha Condor JLT at the Sun Tour, Down Under. The team, in their freshly designed kit bearing the name of new sponsor JLT, are having a serious early-season test in the cycling-mad state of Victoria.
“Yesterday we welcomed big crowds to the newly claimed Rapha Point, formerly known as Franklin’s Point. I’m still buzzing from the atmosphere.” - Andrew Pike
The youngsters are getting stuck into a very early season block of racing, having completed the trio of Bay criteriums in Melbourne. It's proving excellent, if tough, preparation for the year ahead, with the experienced Kristian House showed his mettle by placing second in the hilly Portarlington round of the Bay Series. But the conditions got even tougher for the boys in black as the Sun Tour got underway. Forty-degree heat, strong winds and crashes were endured by all, with Aaron Buggle having to undergo surgery on his elbow. The team will now head to Bendigo for a six-week training camp. We wish them well for the coming season and speedy recovery to Aaron and Mike Cuming, who also suffered injuries in the crash. Reflecting on events so far, Team Manager John Herety said:
“There is a lot to take away from these first races. We’ve come in to a really intense period of the Australian racing calendar and the challenges have been pretty exceptional, but I’m really pleased with what the boys have shown me.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.