We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Paint Stop: Keith Anderson
The window for ordering a Tony Pereira / Ira Ryan Continental, part of the Rapha Bicycle Collection, will close at the end of June. This is the second run of these bikes and it's a great collaboration that brings together two Portland-based builders to make a bicycle that is a direct nod to their Rapha Continental riding style.
A Continental will typically do a fair amount of traveling even before it rolls up to its owner's doorstep. Its tubes will go back and forth between the shops of Ryan and Pereira to be expertly filed and prepared by two masters of their craft. When finished, the frames make the trip to the paint shop of Keith Anderson to receive their silky exteriors. Based in nearby Grants Pass, Oregon, Keith has been making his own frames and painting nearly everyone else's for almost two decades. Last month we stopped off for a visit on our way down to the Amgen Tour of California and Mr. Anderson graciously opened his doors.
To step into the world of Keith Anderson is to step into another world. After being greeted by a lung-crushing bear hug, his workshop – or work-shed – if you prefer, reveals a mixture of industry paraphernalia (he has worked at, or with, nearly everyone in the business) and the visual reminders of the three teenage boys that also live here. What is impressive is Keith's client-list that looks like a who's-who map of the United States' most prestigious frame builders – Rock Lobster, Brent Steeleman, and Chris Igleheart to name a few – it seems everyone is lining up to get the Anderson treatment. So it should come as no surprise that Pereira and Ryan (who have previously used Anderson separately for paint) would use their fellow Oregonian to put the finishing touches on their bicycle collaboration.
The Tony Pereira / Ira Ryan 'Continental' Bicycle is available to order until June 30th.
Follow Keith Anderson Cycle's bicycle painting exploits on his Flickr page »
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX