We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Over the Rainbow
Congratulations to Cadel Evans who was crowned World Professional Road Race Champion yesterday. A major top spot has seemed to elude Evans until now. He defied his critics with this performance, going on a perfectly timed attack over the last climb of the course in Mendrisio, Switzerland. At a blistering pace he dropped local boy Fabian Cancellara and Spain's Samuel Sanchez to take the title in emphatic style.
Fittingly, Evans will be able to defend his title next year on home tarmac, the 2010 edition taking place in Melbourne and Geelong. The Australian team also topped the table thanks to Jack Bobridge winning the under-23 time trial. Exciting too for Rapha as we are currently installing an Australian locale and will be holding events and rides Down Under in the coming year.
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0