Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Sometimes I hear people say things like "Cyclocross is right around the corner." That, I would say, is one type of person. The other type knows that Cyclocross is always around the corner. Lurking, waiting, getting ready to spring from that dark corner of your mind and inflict an hour of pain on you.
I'm probably more like the second type of person. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love road riding, racing, and road bikes in general. But when I start to think about Cyclocross, well, then my heart skips a beat. My palms get sweaty and I sort of grit my teeth in anticipation.
Which is why, upon a recent breakfast outing all I could do was talk about Cyclocross.
I met with friends Kaiko Shimura and Mike Spriggs to talk about their new venture Cassette Design. Of course the talks quickly turned to Cross when Kaiko pulled from her bag this t-shirt. I know that you can see this, but the syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Can I say that again? The syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Genius!
The Dynamic Duo of Kaiko and Mike also have other things that they do as well. Mike is the brains (and brawn) behind Gage and Desoto which have put out my two favorite t-shirts of the past year (Besides our Legend T's of course). He also, as you can see below, has an awesome Panasonic Racing cycling cap.
Kaiko writes a fabulous blog by the name of Pedal Strike. There she is continually waxing poetic about the trials and tribulations of cycling in the city, cycling in your apartment on a trainer, or even what it is like to be a woman and cycle. Something I can honestly say I've never considered.
Check back to her site this Friday as well. She's been doing a weekly post called Silk Scarf Fridays. It started here, Embrocation, but she really picked it up and ran with it. This Friday I know that she has something extra special planned.
So, as the buildup to Cyclocross continues, take the power of the Leeuw and let it happen.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.