We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sometimes I hear people say things like "Cyclocross is right around the corner." That, I would say, is one type of person. The other type knows that Cyclocross is always around the corner. Lurking, waiting, getting ready to spring from that dark corner of your mind and inflict an hour of pain on you.
I'm probably more like the second type of person. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love road riding, racing, and road bikes in general. But when I start to think about Cyclocross, well, then my heart skips a beat. My palms get sweaty and I sort of grit my teeth in anticipation.
Which is why, upon a recent breakfast outing all I could do was talk about Cyclocross.
I met with friends Kaiko Shimura and Mike Spriggs to talk about their new venture Cassette Design. Of course the talks quickly turned to Cross when Kaiko pulled from her bag this t-shirt. I know that you can see this, but the syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Can I say that again? The syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Genius!
The Dynamic Duo of Kaiko and Mike also have other things that they do as well. Mike is the brains (and brawn) behind Gage and Desoto which have put out my two favorite t-shirts of the past year (Besides our Legend T's of course). He also, as you can see below, has an awesome Panasonic Racing cycling cap.
Kaiko writes a fabulous blog by the name of Pedal Strike. There she is continually waxing poetic about the trials and tribulations of cycling in the city, cycling in your apartment on a trainer, or even what it is like to be a woman and cycle. Something I can honestly say I've never considered.
Check back to her site this Friday as well. She's been doing a weekly post called Silk Scarf Fridays. It started here, Embrocation, but she really picked it up and ran with it. This Friday I know that she has something extra special planned.
So, as the buildup to Cyclocross continues, take the power of the Leeuw and let it happen.
- No change overall at the Ras today, Rich Handley remains in 5th, and Mike Cuming stills leads KOM
- RT @anpostras: Provisional GC after Stage 5: Bialoblocki, McConvey, Guldhammer <all @st, Handley & Pelletier-Roy @24secs, Fodor @46secs, Hu…
- RT @anpostras: Mike Cuming (Rapha Condor JLT) Will wear Mountains Jersey again, after Stage 5 #Ras2013
- RT @NickLathamPhoto: @raphacondor Photos of Kristian House winning Durham stage in a blog post at http://t.co/wHX8d0mlQc #tourseries Pls R…
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX