We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sometimes I hear people say things like "Cyclocross is right around the corner." That, I would say, is one type of person. The other type knows that Cyclocross is always around the corner. Lurking, waiting, getting ready to spring from that dark corner of your mind and inflict an hour of pain on you.
I'm probably more like the second type of person. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love road riding, racing, and road bikes in general. But when I start to think about Cyclocross, well, then my heart skips a beat. My palms get sweaty and I sort of grit my teeth in anticipation.
Which is why, upon a recent breakfast outing all I could do was talk about Cyclocross.
I met with friends Kaiko Shimura and Mike Spriggs to talk about their new venture Cassette Design. Of course the talks quickly turned to Cross when Kaiko pulled from her bag this t-shirt. I know that you can see this, but the syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Can I say that again? The syrup makes the Lion of Flanders. Genius!
The Dynamic Duo of Kaiko and Mike also have other things that they do as well. Mike is the brains (and brawn) behind Gage and Desoto which have put out my two favorite t-shirts of the past year (Besides our Legend T's of course). He also, as you can see below, has an awesome Panasonic Racing cycling cap.
Kaiko writes a fabulous blog by the name of Pedal Strike. There she is continually waxing poetic about the trials and tribulations of cycling in the city, cycling in your apartment on a trainer, or even what it is like to be a woman and cycle. Something I can honestly say I've never considered.
Check back to her site this Friday as well. She's been doing a weekly post called Silk Scarf Fridays. It started here, Embrocation, but she really picked it up and ran with it. This Friday I know that she has something extra special planned.
So, as the buildup to Cyclocross continues, take the power of the Leeuw and let it happen.
- RT @rapha_n_america: Up Close: The Rapha x Raeburn Fall-Winter Collection via @selectism :: http://t.co/O27Eo9pQGK
- What do you get the cyclist who has everything? Here's what we recommend for the dandy in your life. → http://t.co/ciPREr3fnP
- RT @racefietsblog: Leuk, de Alpe d' Quiz van @RaphaRacing is begonnen! 3 weken elke dag een andere prijs http://t.co/QiWhfY8hXy @rapha_euro…
- The @rapharacing #festive500 is back. Once again we challenge riders worldwide to clock 500km between 24-31 Dec. → http://t.co/HmgDlUJTiI
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: Analog to digital conversion. #oneoftheseplease #Festive500 http://t.co/f2rQd3Lv6g
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq