We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Otto Miller Revisited
Last Wednesday we decided to mix it up a bit. Instead of the scheduled Pumpkin Ridge Ride, which has done a great job of breaking us through the winter, we went with a tried and true method - Otto Miller. This was the main feature of our Wednesday rides before River City's Matt Karre had to go and find a harder route. The idea was to switch it up and maybe give ourselves a bit of respite from the looming Pumpkin Ridge. However, this time around, the lesser of two evils would get the best of us in most every which way — its fresh coating of gravel causing flats in almost a half-dozen people before the days end.
The ride was nostalgic for a good number of us who had put in almost a full years worth of Wednesday's hammering it out on that god forsaken road. But, it was special for a few others as well. For one, we had the pleasure of dragging Carrick Whitney, our Chief of Operations from the UK around the scenic byways of Oregon. For the other, it was the maiden voyage of the first Ira Ryan and Tony Pereira Continental Bicycle from the Bicycle Collection. Their customer, who flew all the way over from the UK to take delivery of his beautiful bicycle, had the opportunity to see what we call gravel and ride next to one of the men who built his bike. Thanks to everyone who participated in Pumpkin Ridge turned Otto Miller Wednesday.
The ride —be it Pumpkin Ridge or Otto Miller — rolls out of our North American office in Portland, Oregon the third Wednesday of every month. If you happen to be around for the next one, July 20th, be ready to ride.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries