Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Otto Miller Revisited
Last Wednesday we decided to mix it up a bit. Instead of the scheduled Pumpkin Ridge Ride, which has done a great job of breaking us through the winter, we went with a tried and true method - Otto Miller. This was the main feature of our Wednesday rides before River City's Matt Karre had to go and find a harder route. The idea was to switch it up and maybe give ourselves a bit of respite from the looming Pumpkin Ridge. However, this time around, the lesser of two evils would get the best of us in most every which way — its fresh coating of gravel causing flats in almost a half-dozen people before the days end.
The ride was nostalgic for a good number of us who had put in almost a full years worth of Wednesday's hammering it out on that god forsaken road. But, it was special for a few others as well. For one, we had the pleasure of dragging Carrick Whitney, our Chief of Operations from the UK around the scenic byways of Oregon. For the other, it was the maiden voyage of the first Ira Ryan and Tony Pereira Continental Bicycle from the Bicycle Collection. Their customer, who flew all the way over from the UK to take delivery of his beautiful bicycle, had the opportunity to see what we call gravel and ride next to one of the men who built his bike. Thanks to everyone who participated in Pumpkin Ridge turned Otto Miller Wednesday.
The ride —be it Pumpkin Ridge or Otto Miller — rolls out of our North American office in Portland, Oregon the third Wednesday of every month. If you happen to be around for the next one, July 20th, be ready to ride.
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…
- Still stuck for gift ideas for someone? Scan their Twitter/Instagram feeds for #oneoftheseplease. → http://t.co/qVKiV4q8mQ
- @xuano_4 Yes it is open to anyone.
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq #oneoftheseplease
- Congratulations to the weekend's Alpe d'Quiz winners Joanne Rushton, @tubbytrotter, @jeanztweet. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Make sure you enter Alpe d'Quiz today. One lucky winner will receive a pair of the finest Rapha Grand Tour Shoes. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- RT @rapharacing: A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http:…
- Somewhat late to the party, but be sure to check out the film to the recent Gentlemen's Race in… http://t.co/RMZUDuxWRc