We are showing you the European version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Otto Miller Revisited
Last Wednesday we decided to mix it up a bit. Instead of the scheduled Pumpkin Ridge Ride, which has done a great job of breaking us through the winter, we went with a tried and true method - Otto Miller. This was the main feature of our Wednesday rides before River City's Matt Karre had to go and find a harder route. The idea was to switch it up and maybe give ourselves a bit of respite from the looming Pumpkin Ridge. However, this time around, the lesser of two evils would get the best of us in most every which way — its fresh coating of gravel causing flats in almost a half-dozen people before the days end.
The ride was nostalgic for a good number of us who had put in almost a full years worth of Wednesday's hammering it out on that god forsaken road. But, it was special for a few others as well. For one, we had the pleasure of dragging Carrick Whitney, our Chief of Operations from the UK around the scenic byways of Oregon. For the other, it was the maiden voyage of the first Ira Ryan and Tony Pereira Continental Bicycle from the Bicycle Collection. Their customer, who flew all the way over from the UK to take delivery of his beautiful bicycle, had the opportunity to see what we call gravel and ride next to one of the men who built his bike. Thanks to everyone who participated in Pumpkin Ridge turned Otto Miller Wednesday.
The ride —be it Pumpkin Ridge or Otto Miller — rolls out of our North American office in Portland, Oregon the third Wednesday of every month. If you happen to be around for the next one, July 20th, be ready to ride.
- Last week was a great one for Rapha Condor JLT, all the action and images now up on the team site: http://t.co/ftBejPnnCJ
- RT @alainrumpf: Well done @mike_cuming and @raphacondorjlt winner of #TdK2013 under the scrutiny of latest drone… http://t.co/gv81uP9mHP
- In their attempt to cross the US in 24 days, @michaeltabtabai & Andrew Hudon will ‘Leave It On The Road’. → http://t.co/Per6QsCAtt
- We are delighted to announce the opening of a one-month, pop-up @RaphaCycleClub in Tokyo this summer from 22/6–21/7 → http://t.co/Jrc0EKZ9ky
- Huge congratulations to @raphacondorjlt’s @mike_cuming for winning the @TourdeKorea2013 and to @tomsoutham for best DS. #TdK2013
- @danfromnam in Corsica — outtake from our 2013 Spring/Summer shoot #corsica #beningstagram http://t.co/03A7pT9mtj
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner ! The most important jersey of #TdK2013 hot off the press. http://t.co/Pflx0eUfdv”
- What a day... The boys keep Mike Cuming in yellow, after having to chase all day. Great performance by all.
- Just rehearsing the whole of Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday to recite to the boys...
- UK: Thanks to all who came to to tonight’s Rapha Étape Evening in London with @CyclefitUK — one of our biggest turnouts yet.