Cette page n'a pas encore été traduite en Français.
We are showing you the French version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Vous visitez la version française de notre site internet. Voulez-vous changer de version?
Oregon Manifest: Steve Francisco Style
Steve Francisco was geared up for his bid at the first ever Oregon Manifest Constuctor's Challenge Race (presented by Rapha.) The Parlee custom trailer that he is towing uses a Chris King headset for the pivot point on the trailer hitch. Interesting take on that which looks to be part of a rear triangle from another bicycle? No idea what the overall weight was, but after lifting all of the builders bikes into the back of the loading van this was by far the lightest. Not only was Steve decked out in the latest in carbon trailer technology but he was looking the part as well.
Here is his full get up.
Fran is sporting the Rapha Condor Stowaway Jacket. The morning at Vernonia High School started out a little brisk, so this choice was easy seeing as the Stowaway is the lightest and most packable when it comes to jackets.
Classic Jersey it may be hidden under the jacket, but it is still there, and you may not be able to see it at the moment, but the Silk Scarf is barely, almost imperceptibly peeking out above the collar of his jacket. And while you are contemplating the Silk Scarf take a look at what our good friend Kaiko has been doing with it each Friday.
Bib Shorts looking ahead to hours in the saddle makes these bib shorts not only an obvious choice, but a practical one too. Not to mention that ProTan lines go well with Pro Mitts. I guess that just makes sense though. This tan line is enough to make everyone a little jealous and consider a few more hours in the saddle (or in the case of Jon Cannings under a bottle of self tanner.)
Pro Team Mitts go well with the Rapha Condor Stowaway.
Fran was also utilizing the Pro Team Socks to round out his "pro-ness" and as Guy Andrews told me every morning that he saw me out with my tall navy blue socks "they should be white and not so tall." And let me tell you, that guy knows Pro.
Not sure how the Oregon Manifest could handle all of this Pro-ness in one rider? Keep checking back for a view from the course and to find out how Fran made out. I was driving the SAG wagon, Carey SH was stationed at the Beer Pickup Zone and Slate Olson traversed the course in Race Director style.
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb