We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I don't like crashing.
I do not like it in any sense.
I especially don't like it when it is my fault.
One way to look at it is that the more time you spend on the bicycle, the greater your chances are for taking a little sit-down in the middle of the road. But I think part of the problem is that our attention spans are shrinking. In the time that it took to write these past few sentences I have checked my email no less than twice. Both Twitter and Vimeo have been checked for new activity. None. I even looked at my own blog, which I know for a fact that I haven't posted anything the past few days. Why can't I simply pay attention to what I'm doing?
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the almost-century M22 ride had one turn on it. One. Well two actually, but only because of a construction detour. So, there we were, midway through the turn when my front tire left the pavement for the sandy shoulder. The sand mixed with dirt was soft enough to wash the wheel right out and put me directly underneath my compatriots trailing behind me. Maybe no one should ever ride with me again? Just a thought.
But, I guess there's a lesson in that. Pay attention.
- A Rapha travel set is up for grabs in Alpe D'Quiz today, featuring a luxurious Rapha Skincare bundle and Wash Bag. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Cool to see our friends @chriskingbuzz representing in the mix of the elite men's race. #mycielo Parbo! http://t.co/L8g8gNofyR
- The masked man on the cyclocross course today was @jeremypowers. It was that cold. http://t.co/KztIjCYu4O
- Calm and confident on the snow - Katerina Nash is off to an early lead. http://t.co/8TynNP7Nho
- Mr. McDonald's tire choice for today's snowy conditions. Can you guess his PSI? http://t.co/2iHgOw6sUw
- They reopened the ice covered fly-over here in Bend. http://t.co/6xOs5BSd0W
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq