We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
I don't like crashing.
I do not like it in any sense.
I especially don't like it when it is my fault.
One way to look at it is that the more time you spend on the bicycle, the greater your chances are for taking a little sit-down in the middle of the road. But I think part of the problem is that our attention spans are shrinking. In the time that it took to write these past few sentences I have checked my email no less than twice. Both Twitter and Vimeo have been checked for new activity. None. I even looked at my own blog, which I know for a fact that I haven't posted anything the past few days. Why can't I simply pay attention to what I'm doing?
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the almost-century M22 ride had one turn on it. One. Well two actually, but only because of a construction detour. So, there we were, midway through the turn when my front tire left the pavement for the sandy shoulder. The sand mixed with dirt was soft enough to wash the wheel right out and put me directly underneath my compatriots trailing behind me. Maybe no one should ever ride with me again? Just a thought.
But, I guess there's a lesson in that. Pay attention.
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…