Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
I don't like crashing.
I do not like it in any sense.
I especially don't like it when it is my fault.
One way to look at it is that the more time you spend on the bicycle, the greater your chances are for taking a little sit-down in the middle of the road. But I think part of the problem is that our attention spans are shrinking. In the time that it took to write these past few sentences I have checked my email no less than twice. Both Twitter and Vimeo have been checked for new activity. None. I even looked at my own blog, which I know for a fact that I haven't posted anything the past few days. Why can't I simply pay attention to what I'm doing?
Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the almost-century M22 ride had one turn on it. One. Well two actually, but only because of a construction detour. So, there we were, midway through the turn when my front tire left the pavement for the sandy shoulder. The sand mixed with dirt was soft enough to wash the wheel right out and put me directly underneath my compatriots trailing behind me. Maybe no one should ever ride with me again? Just a thought.
But, I guess there's a lesson in that. Pay attention.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.