We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
© Polly Baldwin
WORDS: Ben Lieberson | PHOTOS: Ben Lieberson & Polly Baldwin
The Mobile Cycle club is on the road in the North of England this week. First stop last Saturday was Sheffield where Nonnas Restaurant played host to a Giro weekend, with Graham Briggs and Dean Downing from the Rapha Condor Sharp Team leading a ride out each day. Nonnas provided a slap up pasta lunch afterwards for all the riders. A good turn out for Saturday and Sunday to tackle the roads of the Peak District for some great riding.
© Polly Baldwin
Moving on to Lancaster. After a slight detour to check out the Honister pass in the Lake district - amazing and recommended riding, we made it to Lancaster for the Salt Ayre Crit on Tuesday night. What a surprise, the kid's racing was fast and ferocious with Mobile Cycle Club hats for the bunch. Coffee was a hit and we made a load of new friends. On the move again we rolled to Wilmslow to Rapha retail partner, Royles bike emporium, to join the bunch for Graeme's Cheshire loop. 40 plus people came out to partake in a glorious summer's evening ride. Bueno!
We are now getting ready to move on to Ilkley to join Ilkley CC for a training ride out in the Yorkshire Dales.
If we make it through that we are returning to Manchester for a night ride out into the Pennines tomorrow… Come and join us at the Manchester Velodrome at 11.30pm.
Click here for more info » www.rapha.cc/mcc-goes-north
Rapha Mobile Cycle Club page » www.rapha.cc/mobile-cycle-club
- River City Bicycles racer Ryan (Dream) Weaver 2_wicked_awesome powered his way to a chilly 2nd in the… http://t.co/HDDjDnS99w
- Meanwhile over in Bend, Oregon it is a bright, crisp day for cyclocross racing. http://t.co/6lcDQK5UNX
- If you're in Scottsdale, Arizona, make sure to stop by the beautiful new @bicyclehaus shop. 2 - 7pm. http://t.co/gsWtf6fa45
- Win today's Alpe D'Quiz prize: a Men's or Women's Classic Softshell. ‘A thing of beauty,’ according to The Times. → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @tribryan Hi Bryan, that’s a discontinued Irish Country Jersey which is no longer in production, sorry to disappoint.
- @vickiewoodsford @richardhier @daithetooth Thanks Vickie, glad we were able to help too.
- @ServiceCourse @richardhier @daithetooth You’re all too kind, thank you.
- @richardhier Thanks Richard, have a good weekend. Will pass on your thanks to Peter.
- Stylish, creative, sharp? We all know a sartorial city rider that can be tricky to buy for. See our guide for hints → http://t.co/dul9phwMoX
- Who's excited for snowy racing #inbend this weekend? We brought tshirts and coffee for the weekend.… http://t.co/aYYPjQEXTG