We are showing you the Norwegian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
© Polly Baldwin
WORDS: Ben Lieberson | PHOTOS: Ben Lieberson & Polly Baldwin
The Mobile Cycle club is on the road in the North of England this week. First stop last Saturday was Sheffield where Nonnas Restaurant played host to a Giro weekend, with Graham Briggs and Dean Downing from the Rapha Condor Sharp Team leading a ride out each day. Nonnas provided a slap up pasta lunch afterwards for all the riders. A good turn out for Saturday and Sunday to tackle the roads of the Peak District for some great riding.
© Polly Baldwin
Moving on to Lancaster. After a slight detour to check out the Honister pass in the Lake district - amazing and recommended riding, we made it to Lancaster for the Salt Ayre Crit on Tuesday night. What a surprise, the kid's racing was fast and ferocious with Mobile Cycle Club hats for the bunch. Coffee was a hit and we made a load of new friends. On the move again we rolled to Wilmslow to Rapha retail partner, Royles bike emporium, to join the bunch for Graeme's Cheshire loop. 40 plus people came out to partake in a glorious summer's evening ride. Bueno!
We are now getting ready to move on to Ilkley to join Ilkley CC for a training ride out in the Yorkshire Dales.
If we make it through that we are returning to Manchester for a night ride out into the Pennines tomorrow… Come and join us at the Manchester Velodrome at 11.30pm.
Click here for more info » www.rapha.cc/mcc-goes-north
Rapha Mobile Cycle Club page » www.rapha.cc/mobile-cycle-club
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…
- @dean0downing @raphacondor Thank you Dean, it’s been an incredible journey.
- Eeny meeny miny moe. Aka Sean, Freddy, Roger and Francesco. If like me you can't decide which one of… http://t.co/o5b8KuTdCX
- Buying for the obsessive cyclist can be an impossible task. The kit has to be right, but what do you choose? → http://t.co/78RaFQ810G
- RT @raphacondor: 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http:…
- RT @rapha_australia: It's time for #alpedquiz question two. "WHERE DID RICHIE PORTE FINISH ON STAGE 18 OF THE 2013 TOUR?" Answer at http://…
- The #oneoftheseplease wk 3 includes some outdoor products from the likes of @polerstuff - Kletterwerks - and Filson: http://t.co/SG3aSEcjxN
- 2014 will be the last year that Rapha will be part of @raphacondor JLT, concluding 9 fantastic years as co-owners. → http://t.co/11e5ZxOdoC