We are showing you the Japanese version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
North Cal. Cyclocross
This Friday September 30th at 7pm the Rapha Cycle Club SF will open its doors to an art show dedicated to the spirit of North Cal. Cyclocross by following its roots through to its current spectacle. Brian Vernor plays host and curator to this array of artistic endeavors including photography, writing, sculpture, painting and collage as well as historic documents and images. There will be works from Willie K. Bullion, 'Pineapple' Bob Kurosawa, Pamela Palma, Jeff Hantman, Stevil Smith, Ray Stafford, Chris McNally, Paul Sadoff, Tom Simpson and Mike Ferrentino. Click through for select works and biographies of a few of the artists.
photo by Pamela Palma
Pamela Palma’s photography has appeared in the San Francisco Chronicle, Bike Monkey Magazine, National Geographic, FLYP , Gastronomica, and Meat Paper. Pamela draws inspiration from local artists, cycling, and eccentric culture. Pamela resides in San Francisco, CA.
by Stevil Smith
Stevil Smith, aka Drunkingham, makes art focusing on the underbelly of personal emotional dialog, primarily questions of his own physical abilities (or lack there of) and intellectual shortcomings. This focus is coupled with an intense interest in the extremes to which people go to toward achieving satisfaction, be it physical, spiritual, emotional, or sexual. Stevil Also runs a popular cycling blog, All Hail The Black Market.; Stevil resides in Soquel, CA.
Ray Stafford documented the North Cal. cyclocross scene from the mid-1970s through the 1980s. His Black and White photographs are a significant foundation for the history of American cyclocross racing. A former newspaper photographer, Ray currently resides in Las Vegas, NV.
photo by Brian Vernor
The show's curator Brian Vernor co-directed (with Willie K. Bullion) the first film about American cyclocross, Pure Sweet Hell. He also made the film Where Are You Go, about his 7,000 mile adventure from Cairo to Cape Towne. His photography is well known throughout the cycling media and industry, including work with the Rapha Continental is a fourth-generation resident of Santa Cruz, CA.
- Last Night: http://t.co/K8ZACmUGGK
- The #raphaprestige story is up. Film by @WEREHAUS, photos from Brian Vernor & story by @krasniakjulie ::http://t.co/YtCARBlXee
- Clancy takes the win in the Tour series in Aberystwyth.
- @alainrumpf sorry for late reply. Comprehensive site is http://t.co/gBvpR134lP. As Udo Bölts once said, 'quäl' dich, du Sau!' Enjoy!
- On Friday May 31st, Rapha will be hosting a ride from Rapperswil-Jona on the banks of Lake Zurich. More info to follow next week on rapha.cc
- Boss. Norwegian national champion's replica jersey and bib shorts now at rapha.cc. http://t.co/fpyjc3PeiM
- As the #Giro begins to climax, @herbiesykes looks at one of its long-established traditions—the one-stage wonder. → http://t.co/mydWSIHSrT
- @clotho_nor Hi Christopher, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks.
- The Tour Series continues tonight in Aberystwyth. Last year Kristian House took his second win of the series there.
- UK: We are hosting a @letapedutour evening on 14th June in London to provide detailed advice on what to expect. → http://t.co/2gP5KRi8fX