We are showing you the US version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Nobeyama Cyclocross Race
Rapha presents the Nobeyama Cyclocross Race on Sunday 31 Oct. Located at an elevation of 1375m (4500 ft), Nobeyama is the highest village in Japan. It has the highest train station, kindergarden, schools, and of course bike shop, Yatsugatake Bicycle Studio, home of Rapha Japan.
With cheap international flights, local tourism has diminished and skiing is no longer the activity of choice. This farming village with a population of 3500 located at the bottom of the 9500ft Yatsugatake Mountain is the perfect location for cycling, and the race is a first small step towards making it a cycling destination.
This inaugural cyclocross race is put on by the local tourist organization and Rapha is here to support this great event. Molly Cameron is here from Portland, Oregon to take on eight time Japanese champion, Keiichi Tsujiura, and other top Japanese cross racers. The course tape is pink and black, the cowbells are pink of course, and waffles and hot wine will be provided. Mother Nature will be throwing in an approaching typhoon for added spectacle.
The singlespeed and Elite Men's events will be broadcast live with four cameras, so please join us from all over the world to watch here
- RT @roadcc: Rapha Alpe d’Quiz starts today with prizes to be won @rapharacing #cycling | road.cc http://t.co/tTdEEWjf8k
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: LDN: great to have @DanMartin86 as guest barista in the club this afternoon. http://t.co/IeCC0HKuKr
- Part Two from @RigoZimmerman's series, ‘The Winter’ is now available to read → http://t.co/GIl5Kj9Sfy • Part One → http://t.co/8IclbHCHcc
- As teased at the weekend, Rapha is pleased to welcome the return of Alpe d’Quiz, three weeks of… http://t.co/od3pWXomm9
- The 2013 edition of Alpe d’Quiz is now underway. For a chance to win a Rapha Backpack + Rain Cover, enter here → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- Inspired by the 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez, we bring back Alpe d’Quiz with a Rapha prize to be won each day. Enter now → http://t.co/3n8XlqiNYq
- @joneaves No problem Jon, we do our best. Thanks for the feedback.
- Our very own "Super-knecht" @grutte_bear leaves us today to return to his homeland of Holland. So, we… http://t.co/sSULSkWcRw
- RT @RaphaCycleClub: NYC: The new @rapharacing Cross Transfer Jacket has great details. Which is why we’ll take #oneoftheseplease http://t.…
- While we are on the Rapha x Raeburn collection. Read this fantastic interview with Chris and Graeme by @JohnProlly http://t.co/TDg48zHfVS