We are showing you the Australian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Nobeyama Cyclocross Race
Rapha presents the Nobeyama Cyclocross Race on Sunday 31 Oct. Located at an elevation of 1375m (4500 ft), Nobeyama is the highest village in Japan. It has the highest train station, kindergarden, schools, and of course bike shop, Yatsugatake Bicycle Studio, home of Rapha Japan.
With cheap international flights, local tourism has diminished and skiing is no longer the activity of choice. This farming village with a population of 3500 located at the bottom of the 9500ft Yatsugatake Mountain is the perfect location for cycling, and the race is a first small step towards making it a cycling destination.
This inaugural cyclocross race is put on by the local tourist organization and Rapha is here to support this great event. Molly Cameron is here from Portland, Oregon to take on eight time Japanese champion, Keiichi Tsujiura, and other top Japanese cross racers. The course tape is pink and black, the cowbells are pink of course, and waffles and hot wine will be provided. Mother Nature will be throwing in an approaching typhoon for added spectacle.
The singlespeed and Elite Men's events will be broadcast live with four cameras, so please join us from all over the world to watch here
- How good is this shot ! “@TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/CrCV1zkCUB”
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: @mike_cuming looking good in yellow! #TdK2013 @johnherety @raphacondor http://t.co/oCjdyhvSue
- Reality check we also lost teammates @AaronBuggle and @carthy94 today. Going to be tough to defend.
- @mike_cuming in yellow with just over a minutes lead going into the final 2 stages of @TourdeKorea2013 couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 25km to go in Stage 6. @mike_cuming is the virtual leader for @raphacondor. #TdK2013
- RT @TourdeKorea2013: 102 riders will sign on today after eight were dropped by their teams in the TTT and failed to make the time cut. #TdK…
- RT @London_phill: @raphacondor @MiBsponsor @james_fairbank_ Rapha team in Tour De Korea 2013 TTT http://t.co/SW09x70Zs0
- RT @182Jay: @raphacondor please share my @JustGiving page @thomwilson88, @DavidMetherell1 and I are fundraising for @MyelomaUK http://t.co…
- Great ride by the boys in Korea. 3rd by only 3 seconds in the 25km TTT today. Mike Cuming now up to 5th overall.
- Some nice pics of the boys and report on the great Mr Cancy's ride last night: http://t.co/ctoHu37ixb