A Classic Jersey hallmarked with cycling’s glory and suffering
The Kings of Pain are not just the famous names with renowned victories, but the men of pure grit who rode all-day escapes, sacrificing everything for their team, and the icons who combed their hair for the finish line photographers. Rapha marked its inception in 2004 with an exhibition to honour these riders who defined the values and ethos of the sport, an event celebrated in this garment.
Rapha introduced the Classic Jersey at this exhibition – it was an innovation that soon became a genre-defining product. The Kings of Pain jersey builds on the much-lauded Classic Jersey with specially designed hallmark motifs that represent the quintessential qualities of the Kings of Pain.
There is also panelling across the back that echoes the days before neutral service when those ‘Giants of the Road’ would carry tyres on their shoulders. The Kings of Pain jersey uses the same Sportwool as the Classic Jersey but with a smoother face finish, a snap-fastened folding collar, and tonal Rapha armstripe. The jersey has a full-length YKK Excella® zip, hand polished for optimum efficiency.
The five hallmark designs representing the Kings of Pain:
- Convicts of the Road stripes
- Blood, sweat, tears and mud
- Kings of Pain logo
- King’s crown reminiscent of older hallmarks
- Arrowhead based on a benchmark used to brand convicts
- Full YKK Excella® zip
- Adjustable hem and cargo pockets
- Embroidered Kings of Pain hallmarks
- Kings of Pain story label
- Classic cut, for all-day riding
- Fold-up collar with snap fasteners