Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
Newton Wins Lincoln GP in Style
© Cheryl King
Chris Newton danced away on the final climb of the Lincoln Grand Prix to win the prestigious event for the second time in his career. A race that is always hotly contested by riders from home and abroad, the Lincoln GP is arguably the number one race on the British calendar.
Ten laps of Lincoln's historic streets including cobbled climbs and a technical course make for a demanding and entertaining three hours plus of racing. The Rapha Condor Sharp boys put on a superb display in front of record crowds, Kristian House stringing the field out early to show the British National Road Race champ and his team mates meant business. Olympic medallist Newton, looking to have found fine form at just the right time, used his tactical prowess to stay at the front and attack when it mattered. Speaking after his win he said: "I love riding my bike as much as ever", and it shows. Russell Downing, one of three Team Sky riders racing stated: "Rapha rode unbelievable today. They showed just what a professional outfit they are." Chapeau.
All photos © Cheryl King
- The most recent Rapha Gentlemen’s Race took place in Adelaide with 18 teams lining up for the rolling 160km route. → http://t.co/ZQ3Dzz0NEX
- @andersmagnus Hi Anders, there’s been a delay unfortunately, but thanks for being patient. It will be out as soon as possible.
- We're proud to present one of our favourite films this year, so put some headphones on and enjoy. View the film → http://t.co/B2BXnE3JuY
- Congratulations to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Khamarul Rejab who receives a Team Sky bundle. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @chrishoy: Ok, I'm going to make the call now, and it's a big call, but I reckon @Ed_Clancy will break the World kilo record at the end …
- @Barry8012 @RaphaCycleClub You’re most welcome Simon, thanks for your feedback.
- @antmccrossan Thanks Anthony.
- @brettrothmeyer nice cap drawing by the way!
- @Jack_Sadler @raphacondor We’re honoured to have you riding for us Jack.
- RT @dean0downing: I had 6 great seasons with the @raphacondor team, thanks to all at @rapharacing for the support through out. http://t.co/…