[ locale string ]
Newton Wins Lincoln GP in Style
© Cheryl King
Chris Newton danced away on the final climb of the Lincoln Grand Prix to win the prestigious event for the second time in his career. A race that is always hotly contested by riders from home and abroad, the Lincoln GP is arguably the number one race on the British calendar.
Ten laps of Lincoln's historic streets including cobbled climbs and a technical course make for a demanding and entertaining three hours plus of racing. The Rapha Condor Sharp boys put on a superb display in front of record crowds, Kristian House stringing the field out early to show the British National Road Race champ and his team mates meant business. Olympic medallist Newton, looking to have found fine form at just the right time, used his tactical prowess to stay at the front and attack when it mattered. Speaking after his win he said: "I love riding my bike as much as ever", and it shows. Russell Downing, one of three Team Sky riders racing stated: "Rapha rode unbelievable today. They showed just what a professional outfit they are." Chapeau.
All photos © Cheryl King
- 2 be clear that was @johnherety decision to not let @AaronBuggle start. Tour of Korea and Irish National Champs will be his next rendezvous
- Happy to report @AaronBuggle is as good looking as ever after 13 stitches in his chin. Sorry to report not letting him start tomorrow though
- @flammecast @AaronBuggle His Shrone is fine !!!
- Big thanks to all marshals,coms and medical staff on the @anpostras today. Great work despite the numerous demands on their services today.
- Just to let all his girl fans know @AaronBuggle is ok. He's in hospital and will need some surgery on a cut to his chin. Will update later.
- We've just added 13 new rides since the weekend to our Rapha #womens100 Find a Ride list. → http://t.co/ux8c1JCuQc
- The team also racing the Ras in Ireland this week. Currently Aaron Buggle is the team's top placed rider in 15th overall.
- Tour Series resumes tonight in Stoke on Trent. RCJ line up is House, Clancy, McCallum, English and Mellor.
- Arboretum → http://t.co/cJXOyDWnK0 #raphasurvey #sanfrancisco #sf #cycling
- There are still a few of these sweet Rapha + Raeburn jackets at the SF @raphacycleclub. http://t.co/C2d98yCRL0