We are showing you the Canadian version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Newton Wins Lincoln GP in Style
© Cheryl King
Chris Newton danced away on the final climb of the Lincoln Grand Prix to win the prestigious event for the second time in his career. A race that is always hotly contested by riders from home and abroad, the Lincoln GP is arguably the number one race on the British calendar.
Ten laps of Lincoln's historic streets including cobbled climbs and a technical course make for a demanding and entertaining three hours plus of racing. The Rapha Condor Sharp boys put on a superb display in front of record crowds, Kristian House stringing the field out early to show the British National Road Race champ and his team mates meant business. Olympic medallist Newton, looking to have found fine form at just the right time, used his tactical prowess to stay at the front and attack when it mattered. Speaking after his win he said: "I love riding my bike as much as ever", and it shows. Russell Downing, one of three Team Sky riders racing stated: "Rapha rode unbelievable today. They showed just what a professional outfit they are." Chapeau.
All photos © Cheryl King
- @CanyonUK Everyone loves a hug, thanks.
- @CanyonUK Do we win a prize?
- @c4shr Hello Kash, we're very sorry about that. We'll be in touch shortly to sort things out.
- RT @Strava: Are you ready for the @rapharacing #Festive500? we're challenging riders to clock 500 km between Christmas and NYE. http://t.co…
- RT @JeanzTweet: Yay! Won a nice wash bag & skincare kit at the @rapharacing #alpedquiz. First time ever i won a prize. You rock #teamrapha …
- @JeanzTweet You’re welcome Jens.
- Congrats to yesterday’s Alpe d'Quiz winner Ben Wooliscroft who won a pair of Rapha GT Shoes. Today's prize draw → http://t.co/h4frOXDYma
- RT @michaeltabtabai: @rapharacing #oneoftheseplease Custom Carter handmade chefs knife made here in Oregon by Mastersmith Murray Carter htt…
- @Johnlovesbikes they are in transit and should be here later this week. Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delay.
- RT @tubbytrotter: Yay! I've just won the stunning @rapharacing Womens softshell in the brilliant #AlpedQuiz bring on the winter weather htt…