Diese Seite wurde noch nicht in die gewünschte Sprache übersetzt.
We are showing you the German version of our site: would you prefer a different location?
Sie befinden sich in der deutschen Version unserer Webseite: Möchten Sie eine andere Sprache auswählen?
We took a break from our usual duties at the North American Handmade Bicycle show this year to do something else that we love – ride our bikes. Happy to report that the weather in Sacramento, California this time of year is perfect for a two to three hour ride, particularly if you then head over to the SAC Convention Center to peruse the world’s best collection of handmade bicycles. While we’re sifting through the thousands of photos we took at NAHBS, here are a few spots out there that have been doing a fantastic job of covering all the handmade goodness that came out of the show.
Prolly is Not Probably
His coverage of the 2011 show in Austin was a textbook example for anyone looking to get into reporting on the bicycle world. John has peppered his NAHBS show posts with behind-the-scenes stuff with the builders, his experiences with them last year and even some of their own videos, like this post from Signal Cycles. Keep an eye on his continuing updates from NAHBS 2012.
Cielo NAHBS Blog
Where else are you going to find coffee, baseball, tie-dye, paved magazine and a Campagnolo mountain bike hat? The two most recent posts on the Cielo blog chronicle some of the sheer madness that went down at NAHBS this year. The first is a collection of (almost everyone’s) t-shirts, both exhibitors and attendees alike. The second features some great black and white photos from Steve Rex's taco party on Friday night.
Bicycling Magazine - 7 Coolest Custom Road Bikes at NAHBS
Joe Lindsey was on hand this weekend to help decipher the awesome collection of bicycles. Here, he picks a few of his favorite road bikes from the show, including selections from Ritchey, Alchemy and even one from Oregon-based builder English Bicycles.
Start with those, then check back here later in the week for a more in-depth update on our thoughts as we pull together a few more favorites from the weekend. We close for now by saying thank you and congrats to everyone who helped make it another great year at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show.
- RT @IonaNiDhalaigh: Yahhh mountain jersey in the bag!!! Nice one @mike_cuming!!! @raphacondor http://t.co/GrGqSL0Kgl
- RT @CondorWarehouse: Nice to see the @raphacondor JLT team bike on display @campagnolosrl HQ with so many top pro teams http://t.co/5CgE0tY…
- RT @anpostras: GC after Stage 4: Bialoblocki,, McConvey, Guldhammer, Handley, Pelletier-Roy, Hunal, Simon Yates, Fodor, Roger Aiken, Archbo…
- Spare a thought for @Porterelliott who punctured out of the yellow jersey group, when will he get some luck!
- Took the @anpostras on today. Didn't quite pull it off. @RichHandley90 4th on GC and @mike_cuming in the KoM jersey.
- Tour series update from Stoke up on the site http://t.co/aVdcnGnkOX
- RT @elstopbanana: Here's Kristian House @raphacondor at last night's @TourSeries picture by Sue Howlett Great racing! @SoTCityCouncil http:…
- RT @sticky_bottle: Meant to say, to be eligible for the @raphacondor team car compeition you have to be a stickybottle twitter follower!
- RT @sticky_bottle: OK folks; nice morning for it. To win a day in the Rapha Condor JLT team car on the Rás last stage, Sunday, just retweet…
- Third team overall for the Men in Black at Stoke last night in the @TourSeries